Hi!

Welcome to my poetry blog!

I am a twenty-four brown-eyed Aruban wanderer;
forever questioning where I'm going
and where I've been.
And when I'm not reading,
I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading.

Furthermore, writing has always been my
way of captivating a deep thought, grief,
lost love, depression and even hatred (sometimes).

Feel free to read and comment on my weird,
puzzling, obsessive, reckless and sometimes
confusing poems. It's all about what you
interpret from them that gets me buzzin'!


Thank you and have fun reading y'all.

-Lily Clarisa

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Intensely Vivid Daydream



Intensely Vivid Daydream 

All my new friends
talk like the South,
clothe in Forever 21, speak in riddles. 

College campus is cray-cray
and the hazing –traditional
but I love this bald-eagle country. 

The hand entwined with
mine, American or Mexican?
I love him heartily –though no Aruba 

I wake up from
my intensely vivid daydream
in the arms of blue, white, red. 


Though, the wrong one.
The one with Gouda
cheese, red tinted windows, boerenkool but you.

No comments: