Hi!

Welcome to my poetry blog!

I am a twenty-four brown-eyed Aruban wanderer;
forever questioning where I'm going
and where I've been.
And when I'm not reading,
I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading.

Furthermore, writing has always been my
way of captivating a deep thought, grief,
lost love, depression and even hatred (sometimes).

Feel free to read and comment on my weird,
puzzling, obsessive, reckless and sometimes
confusing poems. It's all about what you
interpret from them that gets me buzzin'!


Thank you and have fun reading y'all.

-Lily Clarisa

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Far from home

Far from home
They took us away,
Taught us their ways,
We stumbled upon so many things,
Neglected, abused, harmed, mistreated.


My old friends ran away whilst I stayed behind,
Neglected, abused, harmed, mistreated.

I saw my reflection in the mirror,
Horror struck,
My eyes were green,
My nose was small,
My hair was sleek and a shade of very light brown,
I slapped my face to wake myself up,
But the color of red on my cheeks was all I could see this time,
I punched the mirror to make that face go away,
But all I could see was the brown blood running down my hand,

Their blood.

No comments: